Currently, our range orientation is self-directed by viewing the PDF file below. It is highly recommended to review the rules and regulations as passing an exam may be required in the future to maintain your standing as a member. The following document outlines shooting times, describes the various ranges and the firearms and calibers allowed, and acceptable conduct on our premises.
Starting in the 2023 membership year all members received an emailed copy of the current Range Rules And Member Orientation with their emailed membership card. Click below to access the most current version.
ADDENDUM TO ORIENTATION
Anonymous Reporting of Safety Concerns (Nov 2022)
Encourage any member to report observed safety and range concerns as follows.
- Email what you observed (the act) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Report where you saw the act example: 50 or 100 metre positions, pistol. We maybe able to review video footage.
- Take a picture of the members vehicle from the rear so we can identify the make, colour and license plate
- Include the date and approximate time you observed the act.
- Your name and contact information are strictly confidential and will not be disclosed ever.
- Report to us as soon as possible.
Holsters (Jan 2020)
Holsters worn on the waist are allowed on the main range, no drop, leg or shoulder holsters allowed leave those at home. You must be stationary when you place your loaded handgun in your holster, no walking around with a loaded handgun. Absolutely no moving to another shooting position with a loaded handgun in your hand or holster. Action Pistol range is the only place you can do this – click on the Facilities banner located on the left side of the main web page and contact Jeff Luciow if this style of shooting interests you.
Action Pistol Range Access (Jan 2019)
The Action Pistol range is a controlled facility your club membership does not allow you to access and use this facility without the presence of a Range Safety Officer (RSO) approved by Camrose Shooting Sports Association (CSSA). As noted above contact Jeff Luciow for shooting dates and times if not posted on the events calendar.